Monday, November 21, 2011

One Month Marks the Spot!

Today marks exactly one month for us...one month of being in the NICU, and one month of age for Jaxson! Our milestone today makes me remember how far we have come, and also how far we have left to go. The doctors told us to expect to take Jaxson home around his due date, December 23rd - so we have one more month left to go in the NICU.

Lately, I have been trying to rest/heal myself and have been driving back and forth from the NICU and home after a few hours of sleep - and trying to take care of the dogs and our home. But we have been asked by the nurses to stay here 24/7 to help Jaxson learn how to nurse. I'm not sure how I'll handle the stress of the situation and the environment by waking up every 3 hours to try to teach a premature baby how to nurse, but we will both try our very best. Josh has been a great help, and I'm really missing him when he's at work.

Lastly, As the Thanksgiving Holiday approaches us - I want to say a big thank you to all reading this - especially those who have been thinking of us, praying for us and those of you who have taken time out of your busy lives to cook us meals and deliver them to us. Words cannot express our gratitude to you, and I know I'll never be able to thank you enough or let you know how much you're kindness has gotten us through these last weeks. Not only have you LITERALLY given me strength (by feeding me!!) to go through the days, but you've given me hope, love and that emotional strength that I need to continue fighting. I know its been said many times, but I really could not do it without you. Thank you, for all you have done and continue to do for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment