Friday, January 6, 2012

We're Home!

A very long overdue update...so much has happened!
We have been home since December 3rd.. just in time for Christmas! Jaxson is now 10 weeks old, and he weighs in at 8lbs 3oz, and is 19 inches long. A big improvement from when we left the hospital. He is doing fantastic! He is wiggling around, looking around and focusing on things, and starting to make some noises. We are hoping that he'll smile soon, but according to the doctor - his adjusted age means developmentally, he is only one week old. As far as health goes, all that we can complain about is a very slow, immature digestive system and a pretty nasty umbilical hernia - I'd say we are pretty damn blessed!


He has changed so very much...every once in a while I will look through the photos of when he was born and compare them to now...tears fill my eyes to remember such a hard, lonely and sad time...but look at where we are today? My heart is on the outside, looking up at me...cuddling with me...needing me. He is my everything. Words cannot describe the love that Josh and I have for Jaxson...yes that love a parent has for their child, but a stronger bond that we share as we all fought so hard for everything we have.





I am glad to be back and to start sharing a much happier story with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment